5.07.2008

huggy

 
  
 
One thing I love about American culture is hug
Americans are expressive people
Happy, they laugh
Angry, they curse
and caring, they hug.
 
Some people just LOVE to hug
They literally hug every person they meet
They are huggy people
Not every american loves to hug though
Some people are just not comfortable with it
even with their families
In time like this
You can use a little "side hug"
It's a safe way to hug :)
 
Hmm... I'm not from a huggy family
In fact, most of Chinese people don't hug each other
(We even seldom touch each other i guess)
I know I didn't hug my girl friends even if we were close
But I've got more chances to be hugged since I came to U.S.
It feels great with a sincere hug
Sometimes a hug surpasses a thousand words
You know what I mean if you do it right
 
And I think people need to be hugged actually
Look at children! they are looking for hugs all the time
It's a comforting, secure moment
Children are origin of human nature I believe
So why throw it away ?
 
And you know what?
I found my parents starting to hug me couple years ago
Maybe they miss me too much because we live too far apart
But it's an inspiration!
I'm gonna teach my kids to be huggy in the future
Well~ not too much though... a little huggy would be fine :)
 

No comments: