9.14.2010

悠閒 - Bolo Bakery & Cafe

 
I always find it blissful to have a relaxing brunch, especially with loved ones, in a weekend morning. 
So it becomes a little habit of mine exploring fine pastry shops or cafes whenever I can. 

This week, my hubby found a delicate cafe named Bolo Bakery & Cafe in Hartford, CT.
It is the new store of a 25-years Portuguese family-owned pastry shop & cafe.
Small, friendly and Delicous are usually three elements I found the key to success of stores on the top of my list. 
Yeah.. I prefer small ones. Big chained stores often time lose me, excluding Panera Bread! :P so far..

 
Bolo is exactly the kind I like, serving breakfast and lunch with only 25 seats.
Their concept for cafe is affordable great food that is delicious, hearty and simple.
And they really DO!!  
Simple as it can be, but NO less tasty!! 
Good quality food and good to our wallet too. :)
 
Can you imagine 2 pieces of french toasts on cinnamon bread & chicken sausage costing only $3.50 ?! And I almost could not finish them...
The crunchy pecan on the french toasts is a "splash" to the mouth.. and...
OMG! I LOVE their chicken sausage.. it's crunchy outside and juicy inside without over seasoning. 
I mean.. you've got to admit it that how often can you find a sausage with just right seasoning in the U.S.


This is really good stuff!!
It turned me on and made rest of my day.
We immediately decided to visit it again next weekend!! ha!
.
Bolo Bakery & Cafe
http://www.bolobakery.com/the_caf_.html

No comments: